Saturday, May 4, 2013

MY CURRENT COMMUTE ROUTE

This link should take you to my current commute route.

<https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?gl=us&hl=en&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=211268769072677095804.0004dbe64819a8fd5261b&t=m&z=12&vpsrc=1>

Questions I'm often asked:

Q: What do you do when it rains?
A: Ride.

Q: What about freezing weather?
A: Ride.

Q: What do you do in 100 degree heat?
A: Ride.

Q: How do you deal with the cold?
A: I think of something warm.

Q: How do you deal with the high temperatures?
A: I think of something cold.

Q: What about high winds?
A: Anything over 30 MPH, I'm looking for a ride home. Sometimes the wind direction will change in the middle of the day and I battle it on my ride to work and on the way home.

Q: How long does it take?
A: Between 1 hour and 1 hour 30 minutes depending on wind speed and direction.

Q: How far do you ride?
A: Right around 140 miles per week. The ride to work is entirely on the west side of I-35. It's just under 13 miles. When riding home, I must cross over the highway, then ride north passed my residence, cross over the highway to the west side, then head south to get home. This adds about two miles to the trip home.

No comments:

Post a Comment